Thursday 23 June 2022

A busy day!

I was busy at work today, catching up with two days' worth of cash-ups and helping Sara with the customer service emails. The time flew by and I sped over to pick up my Mum at 2.30pm as I'd made her an appointment to have her nails done at 3pm, by the woman she used to visit in the good old days!

The last time we'd been was February 2020 and I was really glad she was still in business after the pandemic. Her husband had built her a little salon in the garden and it was lovely to sit and relax while Mum was attended to. The area outside hadn't improved, sadly, since we'd last visited but the cosy salon was a haven of tranquillity and I nearly fell asleep!

Outside we had a torrential downpour of rain but no thunderstorms. We had a weather warning so it was inevitable that nothing would happen!

Before taking Mum back we called into my house and I picked up her washing and some eye drops for my Dad. By the time I'd dropped her off and returned it was almost 5.30pm! I hurriedly started preparing dinner - a Spring Chicken pie that was topped with new potatoes rather than pastry. It was delicious, even if the potatoes were a little hard! I'll cook them for a bit longer next time!


No comments: