Wednesday 8 June 2022

A little shopping trip.

Keith and I decided to go to Ikea this morning, to buy some things for the house, and to have lunch. We set off at 10.30am and managed to catch the second contestant on Ken Bruce's Popmaster! It's been so long since we've done that!

We took the A508 to Milton Keynes and became embroiled in heavy traffic at Junction 15 of the M1. They're constructing a rail terminal there and the roadworks were horrendous. We decided not to go that way home!

When we arrived, Ikea was very quiet and we had lunch first. As I'm an Ikea Family member we had free coffee which is always a bonus! Lunch came to £8 which was a bargain!

After we'd eaten we had a look around and I bought some small kitchen utensils as well as spare bedding. I wanted some pretty containers for the cleaning products in the laundry room but didn't see any I liked. In fact, both of us were a bit disappointed today. Nothing really caught our eye and an office chair we saw seemed very expensive.

We set off for home and we chose the M1, which was extremely busy. There were sections when I thought the road was dangerous, to be honest. They're upgrading this section to a "smart" motorway and there was no hard shoulder at all. On some stretches, there was a concrete barrier alongside lane 1, so heaven knows what you'd do if your car broke down. I  hated every minute we spent on the road.

To make things worse, as we neared Junction 15 I passed a van and indicated to pull in but the horrible driver sped up and wouldn't let me in! The van had the name of the company on it - Adbly Construction - and I was furious! I hadn't tried to cut him up or anything,  but I had to brake and slot in behind him. When we eventually got home (the traffic carried on being heavy) I emailed the company to let them know! I am being Mrs Angry!

The rest of the day was spent pootling about and catching up with jobs. We had heavy showers of rain in the afternoon and dramatic skies. It's officially summer now, but the weather doesn't seem to realise that!




No comments: