Thursday 16 June 2022

Busy, busy!

Annoyingly I had to answer the phones today as we were one short. I did the cash-up first thing and today was Sheila's last day before she goes on holiday. Then it'll be down to me!

As well as answering the phones, I processed many, many orders... they just kept on coming relentlessly! As you can imagine, the time flew by!

At 2pm I sped home, changed into something cooler as it was very hot and dashed over to the care home to see Mum and Dad. I sat in their room with them and when Mum asked for a cold drink for all of us, one of the young, male, staff brought some apple juice that was so sweet I couldn't drink it. Bless him, the thought was there!

I stayed for over an hour and we had a good chat. It's Father's Day on Sunday so I will visit again then. Mum and Dad seemed quite happy so that was good.

Driving back the temperature was hovering around 30c but the one good thing is it's due to get cooler on Saturday, with rain forecast. Not that I'm looking forward to rain! I just want it to be a bit cooler!

No comments: