Wednesday 22 June 2022

Simply pottering!

Sophie surprised me this morning by suddenly turning up at home after leaving for the gym because she'd forgotten her jeans for work! She had texted me before she left but I hadn't seen it, and I was sitting happily sipping a coffee when I heard her car draw up outside!

We sat together and had a coffee before she went and showered for work. I offered to give her a lift in and we left a bit early so we could enjoy another coffee at Cafe 900. What a lovely start to a beautifully sunny day!

Today has been a great mix of doing housework and relaxing! I cleaned our front windows as there was a blob of bird poo that had been irritating me! They looked so much better when I'd finished. I hoovered downstairs and cleaned our front door, clearing away loads of cobwebs in the process. The spiders have taken over!

Today has been very relaxing and the weather has been gorgeous. It's warm and sunny again so perfect for trying to keep on top of jobs in the house. I honestly think I could work all day every day and still not get everything done!

In the afternoon I made an oaty seed loaf to go with the pea and ham soup for dinner this evening:


It's easy to make and doesn't have any flour, so no waiting for it to prove!

Before collecting Sophie we tried to get my Dad's car washed but every carwash we went to was out of order. I felt like I'd wasted an hour and several miles! It will just have to stay dirty for a few more days!

Back home I made the pea and ham soup and it was delicious with the bread. There was more than enough left over for Sophie to take to work tomorrow for her lunch. She cut me a couple of slices of the bread to have with some cheese for my own lunch, so that's that sorted!

No comments: