Sunday 26 June 2022

Pootling about!

It was lovely to have a day free, and although I'd intended to do very little, we actually did quite a lot! 

The weather today has been sunny and breezy so perfect for drying the washing, and I did several loads. It was great to see it blowing in the wind and drying for free! Sophie prepared the dinner for tonight - a Spanish chicken casserole - and we sorted out some things to put on eBay. I spent more time than I wanted trying to find a couple of camera chargers that had gone AWOL... when the kitchen was renovated last year I think a lot of things went missing in the panic on the day they came to take the wall down! Keith and I just shoved everything into the conservatory, and in the upheaval, we have managed to lose a few things! We used to have a dedicated drawer for cables and things but this has gone. One day they'll turn up!

It was lovely to potter about, catching up with some jobs and enjoying the sunshine. I really should have done something with the front garden or washed my car which was dusty, but it was warm in the sun and I decided to leave it until it was a bit cooler!

In between doing some housework, I managed to sit and relax... on the sofa in the conservatory for once, while Sophie updated her CV. There hasn't been any banging of the ball today so it's been blissfully quiet! What a difference it makes!

No comments: