Thursday 17 February 2022

The calm before the storm?

I was up early with Sophie this morning but didn't go back to bed. She called me minutes after she left to say there was a tree down on the road to Walgrave. It was covering half of the road, but was passable, thank goodness!

Keith left to go shopping at 8am, and I decided to have a walk for half an hour to go and have a look at the fallen tree. I'd already put a message on our local Facebook page to warn people venturing out to work.

It was a blustery morning with scudding clouds and sunshine, and I walked down to where the tree had fallen:


The road was busy with people going to work and they had to gingerly manoeuvre around it! At least it slowed them all down!

Back home after my refreshing walk, I had breakfast, showered and went to work for a 10am start. We weren't as busy today, which was a relief! After Monday and Tuesday, I wasn't really looking forward to going in today!

Unfortunately, poor Sophie was very late home this evening. There had been two accidents on the dual carriageway near where she works and this had caused blockages on all the surrounding roads. She had to take some post to a box on the other side of the industrial estate, which held her up even more. She eventually arrived home at almost 7pm!

Keith and I had done as much preparation for our evening meal as we could, a Gino D'Campo recipe of linguine with asparagus and pine nuts. It was OK, but I don't think we'll be repeating it again soon!


No comments: