Saturday 5 February 2022

More entertaining!

I had the mother of all lie-ins this morning, and I wasn't happy! Why am I waking up so late? Anyway, Sophie and I had planned to watch Saturday Morning Kitchen, but we decided to record it instead as Sophie needed to get ready for Daisy and Laura's lunchtime visit.

I hoovered the house, did some cleaning and helped Sophie get everything ready, and by 12pm the house was looking lovely. Sophie had set the table on the island in the kitchen and had prepared all the food. They both arrived on the dot and they stayed in the kitchen until almost 7pm.

In the meantime, I looked up ferry prices for our trip to France in April and looked at the Covid rules for entering the country. We need to take lateral flow tests before we travel and we can't use the NHS ones we have at home. So, that's another £60 added to the cost of the short break! We have a voucher for £90 for the P&O ferry and the price was about £175, which I didn't think was too bad for a five-day break. When we'd postponed it last year I had no idea that we'd be going in the first week of the Easter school holidays, so that was a pain! We are still not 100% sure if we will go, but it would be great if the rules are loosened a bit between now and April!

The weather today has been dry and sunny, but in the evening it started to rain and the wind became stronger. Once Daisy and Laura had departed, Sophie and I played Scrabble, and Keith sat at the island with us. We ate the leftovers from lunch (lots of cheese biscuits, grapes, celery and dips) and enjoyed a bottle of Rose Prosecco that one of the girls had brought around.

After eating we watched Death In Paradise and then stumbled upon a programme showing one of the Fleetwood Mac concerts from 1998, which we enjoyed until almost midnight. It was the Dance Tour and both Sophie and I immediately took a shine to Lindsey Buckingham (as he was then!). As he's now 72, I think Sophie went off the idea a bit!




No comments: