Friday 25 February 2022

So glad it's Friday!

I was heartily glad it was Friday and we could look forward to the weekend! 

Work was frustrating today and we had never-ending swim bookings for the weekend, despite the weather forecast being very good indeed, and completely different to the storms we had last week! By the end of the shift, I was fed up with the bookings and suggested to one woman that she try and use our website instead! 

So, it was bliss to drive home and look forward to two days off. When I got home the news was full of the terrible atrocities in Ukraine and Sophie and I watched the news this evening rather than a film. Like me, she is very upset about what's happening but I can't see an end to it any time soon.

I went to collect Keith from the pub and stayed to talk to John for a couple of minutes. There's no doubting the place is very busy but the light in the back room was harsh and bright. The Royal Oak can be a lovely cosy pub, and this room, with the fire, should be lovely and snug!


No comments: