Thursday 3 February 2022

A little shopping...

I was so pleased I'd asked Sophie to take today off work as we were all tired after our late night. The thought of getting up at 6am after going to bed at 1am didn't bear thinking about!

We had a lazy morning and at lunchtime, Sophie and I drove over to Weedon. We went to the antique centre first, and I spotted a beautiful Mason urn with the fruit basket pattern:


My Mum has been collecting Mason's pottery for years, but I'd never seen this pattern before and it was perfect to go in our kitchen! It was £10 so I bought it!

We had a good look around and said hello to a sweet little chihuahua who was wearing a little coat that said "Security"! She was gorgeous and very sweet, and most definitely not a guard dog!

After having a look in the vintage shop next door we drove to the Shires Shopping Village and had lunch in Darlington's. We shared a ham and cheese sandwich and then indulged in a coconut and raspberry slice with a dollop of ice cream. As ever the food was lovely and it felt great to be able to sit and have lunch together on a weekday!

Sophie was looking for presents for Daisy and Laura, and she bought some lovely trinkets in the vintage shop. I found another beautiful, hand-painted urn for £22 and just had to have it! Again, it was perfect for the kitchen, but I think that's it for now! I don't want to clutter up the kitchen! I think I'm turning into my Mum!

From Weedon, we drove to a Tesco in Daventry to get some food for when the girls come over on Saturday. Sophie decided to use a self-scan so she could keep an eye on how much she was spending, which was a great idea. She bought some delicious nibbles and the ingredients to make a non-alcoholic Sangria as both girls will probably drive over.

Back at home Sophie and I celebrated the end of our day off by playing Scrabble and having a drink. Dinner was very easy this evening - jacket potatoes and salad!


No comments: