Thursday 10 February 2022

Making plans

I was back at work today but I didn't have to be in until 10am, so I had a bit of a lie-in until 7am. It's amazing what a difference it makes!

Work was fine, and Sara said that yesterday had been horrendous - noisy and busy with some long complicated calls. I was just hoping today would be different, and it was! My shift seemed very short compared to normal, and it was lovely to drive home in the sunshine.

I cooked a delicious pasta, chicken and bacon dish this evening and before we ate, we sat around the kitchen island and discussed France. We will need to get a move on soon and book the ferry. We are there for five days, including Sophie's birthday, so it was lovely to sit and discuss what we'd like to do. We even dug out some maps of France and talked about going a  bit further afield while we're there. France is such a huge country, but we did reminisce about St Omer and Arras. It would be great if even more restrictions were eased by the time we go!

The dinner was delicious, and we made some garlic bread to go with the meal and served it with a salad, which cut through the creaminess a bit!

No comments: