Sunday 27 February 2022

A taste of Canada!

It was lovely to look forward to a day when we had nothing planned! A proper, lazy Sunday!

The weather was gorgeous again, and it was bliss to sit in the conservatory for a change and read the newspapers. Sophie did a lot of work on her CV today as she's looking to change her job, and while she worked on that I sat with her and soaked up the sun coming through the windows.

Late morning, I went and put a colour on my hair to stave off the grey! Sophie helped me put the second application on, and then I had a lovely hot shower. Sophie had suggested going to the new Tim Horton's outlet on Riverside to see what the coffee was like, and to have a snack, and I was only too ready to agree! 

Sophie drove into Northampton so I could gaze at the beautiful sunshine and blue sky. What a treat in February! Before it had arrived in Northampton I had never heard of Tim Horton's which originates in Canada and was started by, funnily enough, a professional ice-hockey player called...um...Tim Horton!  Looking at the menu it was very similar to McDonald's so we now have three fast food outlets (including KFC) in one small area! 

Predictably, there was a queue for the drive-thru, and the next door McDonald's was as busy as ever, so they're obviously not suffering from the new competition! We ordered some chicken tenders, a chicken wrap, a flat white coffee, and a bottle of water. Sophie really wanted a frozen lemonade but they had run out.

The cost of the food and drinks was just under £15 so not cheap! My Flat White was over £3 but I have to say it was good, and comparable to Costa. We sat and ate our food in the large Riverside car park and it was OK, but certainly nothing special, and I doubt we'll go back. A lot of their offerings seemed to be sweet doughnuts and "Timbits", which were mini doughnuts.

Before heading home we put some petrol in Sophie's car. Unfortunately, this awful war in Ukraine shows no sign of ending, and gas and oil prices are going through the roof.

Back home, we discovered that Keith had prepared most of the dinner for tonight - lovely beef steaks with gravy, so we were able to play Scrabble and sip wine before eating. I thrashed Sophie this evening! I think I was just lucky with my tiles!

No comments: