Friday 4 February 2022

A strange request...

Sophie woke me at 5.50am this morning... ugh! To make things worse it was a horrible morning with cold temperatures and sleety rain falling. On the way to the gym, Sophie used her hands-free to call me to say there was a puddle of water stretching over the entire road leading up to the roundabout on the  A43 and to avoid it. I now go through Moulton in the morning as that particular roundabout is like the Wacky Races and I hate it! I think it's because it's so small and the drivers literally lunge at you!

I made myself a cup of coffee and watched half an hour of Escape to the Country before showering and leaving for work. Today wasn't as bad as the hell that was last Friday, but we were still busy and I had plenty to do - orders, emails and answering plenty of phone calls!

I was very much looking forward to Wine Night, and we drank the rest of a bottle of Pinot Gris and then a white Rioja that I'd forgotten we had! Keith didn't go to the pub this evening so he cooked dinner for us - what a Friday night treat!

Sophie and I decided to watch a new series on Netflix - The Woman Who Lives Across The Street From The Girl In The Window... it was a bit strange and I learnt it was a parody of several other, very similar films. We watched three episodes, but that was enough!

After dinner, I had a Facebook friend request from Mikey. It was a bit strange, but I accepted it as I thought that maybe he'd lost access to his usual Facebook account. I immediately received a message from him, which was weird, as we'd been talking about him at dinner and how we hadn't spoken since Fleagate.

He sounded his usual self and I was glad we were talking again. However, after the initial small talk, he asked if I knew I was on some kind of winners' prize list. This is when I knew I was definitely not speaking to my son... I called his number and he didn't know what I was talking about! Really, I should have been suspicious when I received the friend request as we normally speak via text.

After egging the scammer on for a little while, and receiving a link to click onto where I could access my "prize" I told him exactly what I thought of him and where he could go, and reported the whole conversation to Facebook, before blocking him. It just shows how easy it is to be duped (I believed it was Mike at first) and how scum of the earth can deceive people out of money and/or personal information.

At least one good thing came out of it, though... I'm talking to Mike again!


No comments: