Wednesday 9 February 2022

Peering into the past!

Keith and I haven't ventured anywhere today, so it's been a day spent at home pottering about and getting various jobs done. I am back at work tomorrow as cover, so today was a precious day off!

I really didn't feel like doing any housework but I did change our bed and put lovely fresh bedding on. I can't wait for the days when I can get it out onto the line to dry. I have a feeling our new tumble dryer is shrinking everything, so it will be great to have that sunshine dried smell to our laundry and clothes!

I spent the afternoon doing some more research on my family tree and splashed out £6 to look at my grandmother's family's entry in the 1921 census. At the moment the census is only available on Find My Past which is a bit annoying, but it was fascinating to see their entries and see that my grandmother was only 1! I also corrected her name which had been transcribed in error. She was living with extended family, one of which, James Griggs, is even more elusive than my great grandfather on my Dad's side! I come to a complete brick wall with him as I can't find a birth or baptism record, and no census from 1871 which is when he would have been about 10 years old. This would then have given me any siblings and the name of his mother. Sometimes it's so frustrating!


No comments: