Monday 14 February 2022

Not the best of days!

Ugh! Monday again and I was facing a half-term week at work, which is always busy! How did I find myself in a job that's still affected by the school holidays?!

I busied myself for the first two hours by completing the box office returns from the weekend and was pleasantly surprised at how busy we were! The weather had obviously played a part!

When the phone lines opened at 10am there was just Jo, Kathy and I taking calls and it was horrendous. At one point we had almost 20 calls waiting and in the first half-hour, we lost 21 calls. Sara didn't get Louiza to help, which was surprising, and very annoying. Surely the most important thing is to answer the calls and try and help as many people as we can? I would say 90% of the calls were to book swimming sessions, and by the end of the shift, we had all had enough! Kathy agreed with me that it was silly to have Louiza making outbound calls in the first hour when we were so busy! The worst is yet to come, though, as tomorrow there will only be Jo and I on the phones...

I drove home feeling very dispirited and told Keith all about our horrible day. I can't even look forward to a quieter day tomorrow and I'm working on Thursday this week, as well. I must be mad!


No comments: