Tuesday 22 February 2022

Bonus wine night!

I felt very tired this morning after Sophie had gone to the gym and I longed to crawl back into bed and sleep for another couple of hours. I'm not sleeping that well at the moment so I'm looking forward to a few more hours of snooze on Wednesday and Thursday!

At work, Sara asked if I wanted some extra hours every week on a Thursday. We're having a new computer system installed over the next few months, and Sara wants me to cover the customer service emails while she concentrates on that. It would mean I'd only have a Wednesday off, but it was something I couldn't turn down. The extra bunce will come in very handy!

We were slightly busier today, and my shift ended with an angry phone call from a woman ringing on behalf of her daughter. I kept very calm while she ranted and shouted down the phone at me, and I do wonder whether these people feel guilty afterwards for taking out their anger on someone who is not to blame for their predicament? I remember once calling Hewlett Packard about a laptop we had bought for Sophie, which had malfunctioned, and I do feel guilty that I lost my temper!

Keith was out tonight watching Sileby play so Sophie and I had a bonus wine night. We watched a heart-rending documentary about a British woman who had been killed by her husband in Athens, and how he had tried to cover up the murder by claiming they were robbed. The sight of this beautiful young girl holding her baby in happier times was terrible and certainly moved me to tears.

Sophie and I enjoyed a lovely bottle of Dark Horse Pinot Gris and ate garlicky chicken with roasted vegetables. Delicious! After the meal, we watched a programme about the Lanesborough Hotel, the most expensive in London, with eye-watering prices! It's about £5000 for a junior suite!

Keith arrived home at about 10pm to some oven chips we'd cooked for him, and he looked frozen! Winter is not over yet!

No comments: