Sunday 18 July 2021

We experience a "Pingdemic"!

I had a fitful night's sleep - I hadn't drunk a lot, but I had mixed my drinks... a G&T to start, followed by a couple of glasses of white wine and then I went onto red to try the Malbec that Liam had bought, and then Port with the cheese!

I was awake at 7.30am and couldn't get back to sleep, so I got up. It was very warm still! I had imagined a lazy morning doing nothing but how wrong was I! Mike called at about 9am for us to collect him, and then he wanted to go to McDonald's for breakfast, so we didn't get home until gone 10am. I did the rest of the washing up, made bacon sandwiches for breakfast (Mike's food had made my mouth water!) and Keith disappeared to Tesco to get barbecue meats for tonight. A short time after he got home, Mike wanted a lift to Abbie's!

Driving home I faced the prospect of changing our bedding before having a shower and collecting Mum so I could take her out for a cup of tea (or lashings of water, due to the heat!). Sophie was delighted about being "pinged" as she was facing five days at home, no commute to work and a chance to loll about today and relax. We had both taken tests early this morning and they were both negative, which was reassuring.

I picked Mum up at 2pm and we drove straight to Beckworth where we were shocked by how warm it was! They also had a notice saying a lot of their staff were isolating so it certainly is a "Pingdemic"! We sat and ordered a scone each with jam and cream, and a bottle of water. We were so thirsty!

Yummy scone!


After enjoying our scones we looked around the shop but all I bought were limes for Sophie's drinks. Keith hadn't been able to find any this morning!

I dropped Mum back at the care home and went home to have a nap on my bed, with the fan blowing on me. Bliss! It was then time for a couple of games of Scrabble and a glass or two of Cava. We also made a decision on the flooring... after some doubt, we've gone for Driftwood, even though at first we didn't like it...



Dinner tonight was a barbecue and then we had a hot night, trying to keep cool. It's been about 32c today and much hotter than I'm comfortable with!


No comments: