Thursday 1 July 2021

Waiting about...

Keith and I had a busy day ahead of us, and we left home at 9am, calling into the launderette to pick up our super-king bedspread that had been washed and dried. From there, we went to Brockhall to get a quote for some scratches on my car's bumpers. We were quoted £680 which was far more than I was expecting, but I need to get them sorted out. However, as Keith rightly pointed out, we also need to sort out the ominous knocking as well, and if the cost of that is way too high, then it may be time to say goodbye to my beloved Audi. I've had it for eight years now, and it's done over 165,000 miles but there's only so much you can spend out!

After Brockhall, we popped to Tile Giant and picked up two sample tiles, and I suggested going somewhere for breakfast. We decided on the new cafe at Waitrose, but we were very disappointed to find it closed when we arrived! Apparently, the coffee machines weren't working!

We settled for Costa instead, and then it was off to do our weekly shop at Aldi and Tesco. Luckily, the supermarkets weren't too busy and we were home at just after midday. I was expecting a call from my Uncle David who was visiting my parents today, as we had arranged to meet for coffee afterwards. While I waited I fiddled about with my blog and nearly had a catastrophe when I changed the theme and layout... luckily, I'd downloaded the original so I was able to restore it, but the header photo still isn't right!

My Uncle finally called at about 4pm to say that they were heading home and would I mind not meeting? I was relieved as it was now quite late in the day, so we had a chat and then I decided to hoover my car and clean inside. Mike had told us this afternoon that he will be leaving mid-August to live with Abbie and they'll be going to Southampton where she will be at university. When he leaves I will get my car thoroughly valeted as it's not worth it while he's still at work and spreads grass and dirt everywhere!

The weather improved in the afternoon and we'd decided to barbecue this evening as it was really the only time we could. We have rain and unsettled conditions forecast for the weekend, so no point doing it then! Keith had marinated come chicken with our Jerk sauce which pleased the children greatly! Before he started the cooking we sat in the garden and chatted and it was gorgeous!

Later in the evening, Sophie came downstairs and said that Zain had managed to book tickets for Centre Court on Saturday! How lovely!


No comments: