Tuesday 20 July 2021

Evening storm

We awoke to more blue skies, heat and sunshine. This weather is set to continue until the weekend when hopefully we'll get more reasonable temperatures and spells of rain.

My day didn't get off to a great start when I fell down the stairs... I was carrying the fan, and stupidly, didn't pick up the plug which I stepped on, making me fall and slide down a few steps. Luckily, I wasn't badly hurt but it did shake me up a bit!

We had another busy day at work, and I had to have another chat with Sheila and Nicola about the cinema. It was agreed that I'd go in early on Friday to do as much as I could and take the time off in lieu. It's not something I'm entirely happy about, but what else can I do? Neither Sheila nor Sara are in on Friday so there's no way I can get the box office returns done during my shift.

It was a huge relief to escape out into the heat at 4pm and head home. Huge storm clouds were building up in the sky, and when I arrived home, the wind strengthened, a sure sign of a thunderstorm on its way! We were barbecuing again tonight, but plans had been made to use the garage awning if it got bad!

And it did get bad! At about 6.30pm the thunder started to rumble and the rain started. We had one huge flash of lightning and an almighty clap of thunder that seemed very close! Poor Monty looked highly alarmed and all the local dogs started barking madly!

It then started to really lash down with the thunder booming all around us and occasional flashes of lightning. It was great - I do enjoy a good storm! Our poor neighbour, who very kindly collects the food bank offerings, was running around getting soaked!

Luckily, by 7pm, the rain had abated and Keith was able to barbecue in the garden. We had hot dogs tonight, for a change served with crispy onions in a finger roll. Delicious!



No comments: