Friday 23 July 2021

Financial woes...

I went into work early this morning, leaving the house at 7.30am, so it was just like old times! Our office was very hot and muggy - I shall be so glad when this warm weather is over!

I managed to get everything done by the time my shift started at 10am and we had a busy morning. Kathy's granddaughter was in with her as a possible new starter, but in my opinion, she was a bit young at just 17, bless her! I have a feeling the fast-paced work and constant phone calls put her off!

As I left work I noticed I'd had two text messages from Mum and Dad's bank to say that the mobile number and address had been changed, something I hadn't done. I sped home and called the helpline who confirmed that changes had been made. Luckily the other fraudulent payment had been refunded and I decided to have a look at their other bank account to check things were ok. However, no matter how many times I tried I was unable to access the account, or later, withdraw any money from the ATM at Mawsley.

Unfortunately, it looks as if Mum and Dad have decided to do something with their bank accounts so we had a rather heated discussion later in the evening - not really the lovely relaxing Friday night I'd been looking forward to after a busy week!


No comments: