Saturday 3 July 2021

A fab result!

I took Sophie to the station early this morning, in the pouring rain. Luckily, as they have centre court tickets, the weather shouldn't spoil her day!

Back home Keith and I had breakfast and then I mooched about for the rest of the morning, doing very little, which I felt guilty about! I watched some of the early tennis games, and recorded both BBC1 and BBC2 in case I spotted a glimpse of Sophie and Zain in the crowd!

I had arranged to take my Mum out this afternoon, and I made sure I did a test before I went! I collected her at 2pm and we went to Tesco first so Mum could get some bits that she needed. I bought a load of bird food and a bottle of Cava to enjoy with the tennis later! I'd also been instructed to buy a meal deal for Mike who gave me very precise instructions as to what he wanted! I got it right eventually!

From Tesco, we popped home to take the meal deal to Mike, and then it was off to Beckworth to enjoy a cup of tea and a slice of cake. I hadn't been to the cafe since December, and it had been re-located from the marquee at the back to where it used to be. It has been extended, with all new furniture and tables with lots of plants dotted about. I have to say it was beautiful!


Mum went for a chocolate roulade slice whereas I chose the sherry trifle cake. Both were delicious!



After we'd eaten we wandered around the shop part but neither of us saw anything we wanted to buy. Beckworth now looks like a high-end department store and the plant nursery seems like an after-thought!

I dropped Mum off at the care home and drove home where I was itching to watch the tennis! However, amazingly, Mike suggested a game of cards so we sat in the conservatory and played a couple of games before ordering a takeaway from the Chinese in Broughton. If Sophie had returned home it would have been a steak and kidney pie for dinner!

After we eaten and cleared away I finally went upstairs with a glass of Cava to watch the tennis, while Keith tuned into the football. England were playing Ukraine and, unbelievably, they won 4-0! What a result!

I saw the first game shown on Centre Court, a very good game between Kauff and Juvan. At the end, when Kauff was being interviewed, I saw Sophie and Zain in the crowd! An even better result!






No comments: