Saturday 10 July 2021

A clear out!

Keith and I were going to clean the conservatory roof today but we took a look at the weather forecast and changed our minds! Also, I wasn't keen on immersing my hands in soapy water all day!

As it turned out, we didn't get any rain, but we still managed to get a lot done in the house. I wrapped up some china and we managed to store the box in the eaves of the garage, and I also cleared out the cupboards in the kitchen, taking out anything we don't use regularly and storing it away. When I'd finished the kitchen looked a lot more streamlined and less cluttered! It would be nice if it stayed that way!

We had some things we no longer wanted and before I took them to the charity shop I advertised them for free on our residents' Facebook page. I had quite a few takers, so that was great!

The weather today has been cloudy with sunny spells, and warm. I missed watching the Womens' Singles Final at Wimbledon, but I didn't really know the two women playing. Gone are the days when the Williams sisters dominated!

In the evening Keith and I went to The Royal Oak for dinner. We had debated going somewhere different, but we wanted to support our local, and the food is always good. Tonight, we enjoyed pate and battered king prawns to start, followed by pork belly with crackling, which was delicious and very filling! We didn't stay for dessert and returned home to collapse on the sofa and cuddle Monty who was missing everyone. He was delighted when we sat with him and enjoyed a nightcap!


No comments: