Sunday 11 July 2021

It's not coming home...

We had a lazy morning today and didn't do as much as yesterday, but I was pleased with the progress we'd made already! I did a Covid test in readiness for taking Mum out this afternoon, and after a lot of thought as to where we could go, I decided to just come home and sit in the conservatory with a cup of tea and a slice of cake.

The weather has been warm and muggy with a lot of clouds about. The whole of England is getting ready for the Euros final tonight when we face Italy. There is so much hype, the pressure on the players must be immense!

I missed the Mens' Final at Wimbledon, where Djokovic and Berrettini were playing, as I went to get Mum, but I did record the match, just in case! We sat in the conservatory and chatted but Mum seemed a bit down this afternoon. When she asked to see the bank statements I had a shock when I noticed another unknown transaction for about £70!

After dropping Mum back, I came home and contacted the company the payment was made to and had an online chat with a very helpful man. Although he looked into it, he was unable to find out where the payment came from, so I'll need to call the bank tomorrow. Another thing I really don't need at the moment!

Keith and I had a barbecue this evening and the sky clouded over even more, but it didn't rain thank goodness! It was then time for the football, but I didn't dare watch it in case I jinxed it! I needn't have worried... the game went to extra time, and then penalties, and England lost. Oh well, there's always the World Cup next year!

No comments: