Friday 9 July 2021

Making decisions!

Highfields were due at 8.30am this morning, and Anthony arrived with the electrician to decide which electrical points we needed, and where. It's all getting very exciting now, and we also made an appointment for next Thursday to look at the flooring.

We decided to have an electrical point on the island in case someone is using a laptop or charging up a phone, and we also opted for lights underneath the cupboards, something that we have now but they have never worked from the day we moved in. We must get a move on with choosing the pendant lights otherwise Highfields will choose for us, something that I don't mind as I just can't come to a decision!

After they'd gone, Keith managed to extract the hard drives from the two computer towers we have in the garage, and will now be taking the dismantled machines to the tip along with the old plates from yesterday, and some more rubbish we need to get rid of. It's all been very cathartic and at times I feel like we're moving house!

Sophie went to the gym this morning, but later than normal as she is off to Canterbury for a weekend away with Zain. I said a fond farewell to her - I will miss my wine buddy this evening!

Work was busy again and I had no time to do anything except the box office returns. Sheila has had to put on the crash courses and holiday activities as they will be bookable from next week! The children break up for the long summer holidays on the 20 July, so bookings can be taken from the 13th! Where has the time gone?!

Most of the calls today were about swimming, in some form or another, and we are desperately hoping that from the 19th we won't need to take calls booking sessions. We've been doing it for just under a year now, and it's got to us all.

I sped home at 4pm and relaxed. No children this weekend, so it will feel pretty weird! I took Keith to the pub and came home to catch up with writing this blog! I also had the tennis on and saw Djokovic beat the player who beat Andy Murray.

After a very ordinary dinner (chicken escalopes) Keith and I watched Death in Paradise with Monty curled up between us. He had calmed down from this morning when we'd had multiple owl faces and anxiety, just because Anthony and the electrician were in the house (who were really lovely and friendly, by the way!). I dread to think what he'll be like when the wall comes down, and I'm seriously considering getting him some sedatives from the vet while the building work's in progress!

No comments: