Thursday 22 July 2021

Hot and uncomfortable!

The plan was to go shopping early this morning, but unfortunately, I had to sort out yet another problem with my parents' bank account. This took us to almost 11am, so we set off far later than we wanted to! It was hot and sultry again and I really didn't want to be shopping and lugging bags about in the heat! At least both Aldi and Tesco were cool inside, though, so that helped!

When we got home we were both sweating and uncomfortable packing everything away, and it made it all the more difficult to realise we no longer had loads of room in the cupboards! A lot of the groceries were stored on the cabinet in the garage! I made lunch for Sophie and me - some assorted cheeses and hams, hummus dip and oat biscuits. I also made us a lovely refreshing drink of Elderflower tonic served with lots of ice and slices of lemon and lime. It was delicious!

The afternoon was spent doing very little, although I did prepare all the vegetables and chicken for our Paella tonight, and I put the hoover around. This heat is really getting to us now and sleeping at night is very uncomfortable!




No comments: