Wednesday 7 July 2021

Another fab result!

Keith and I went and bought another box of tiles this morning, to make sure we had enough in case any get broken. Of course, they were of a different batch but does it really matter? (When we got home we checked and we couldn't tell the difference!).

From Topps Tiles, we went to Curry's PC world where we looked at the huge range of fridge freezers on offer. We want an American style one, but we have to be careful as it has to fit between the two walls so we only have about 88cm to play with. I spotted a Kenwood fridge freezer that I liked, and we made a note of all the specifications so we could read reviews online. We also looked at tumble dryers - heat pump ones - so we could try and get it into the cupboard under the stairs instead of traipsing out in all weathers to the garage!

Whilst we were driving, Sheila from work called to say that the Cat Cafe visit tomorrow will have to be postponed as Sara's partner's Mum had sadly died. I was relieved, to be honest, as it meant I had a bonus day to get some chores sorted out.

After dropping off some unwanted bric a brac to the charity shop at Weston Favell we headed home for lunch and had a look at the reviews online. I'm a member of Which? and they said there were better and cheaper, fridge freezers available so we've chosen a Fridgemaster which we can buy from AO.com.

Mike wanted a lift to Brixworth this evening as he was watching the big match with friends, and I popped to the pharmacy to get something for this rash which is not getting better. The pharmacist gave me some antihistamine tablets so I hope they'll start working. It comes and goes and seems worse when I'm hot!

Keith, Sophie and I watched the first half of the football, then we girls went upstairs as I have a weird thing that they only win if I'm not watching - pretty ridiculous really, but there you go! I did think they would lose to Denmark tonight, but amazingly they won 2-1! We're in the final!



No comments: