Monday 26 July 2021

Frantic Monday!

So, it was back to work this morning and Monday tends to be the busiest of the week... ho hum! I walked in to find Jo with a new girl who was training today. I was a bit goggle-eyed, as two minutes in, we had twenty calls in the queue and the new girl was answering calls while Jo looked on! Sheila and Sara had to pitch in as the phones just went loopy! Was today really the best day to train someone new?

The frantic phones continued all day, and I had an hour's reprieve when I came off to do the box office returns. By 4pm I'd had enough, and I think everyone felt the same. The new girl, Millie, had coped admirably, so it's probably kill or cure!

Back home we relaxed and decided to barbecue again as we had leftover sausages and burgers. The evening was lovely, and I sat watching two pigeons on a nearby rooftop enjoying the evening sunlight. Is it really sad that I envied them their little lives, sitting there seemingly without a care in the world, enjoying each other's company and no doubt relishing the view?!




No comments: