Friday 16 July 2021

55 years!

I was very glad it was Friday but not looking forward to work today. Kathy and I were on our own, as both Sheila and Sara weren't in today. However, it wasn't as frantic as I'd been expecting, and I did manage to do the cinema returns before the end of my shift, thank goodness! I did have to speak to Nicola about next week when the number of screenings increases, so she assured me that she would sort it out.

After work, I sped home and collected a gift and cards for my parents who are celebrating their 55th Wedding Anniversary today. I also bought them some flowers in the nearby Co-op, and some Nurofen for Sophie who has a tooth infection at the moment, poor thing. She had to make an emergency dentist appointment at lunchtime to try and get it sorted out.

I spoke to my parents briefly, but couldn't really do much else as I hadn't taken a test. However, I did make an appointment to take them out on Sunday.

Back home I tidied up, then dropped Keith off at the pub. Abbie was staying over again with Mike, and as Sophie and I were out this evening, to see Sue, they had arranged to go and get fish and chips for supper, and then collect Keith from the pub!

Sophie and I drove over to Sue's house and had a lovely evening catching up and enjoying a delicious chilli for dinner. Her house is lovely and her garden exquisite... well it should be, she gardens for a living!

We stayed until 10pm, but then it was home to sit on the sofa with Keith and watch the end of a documentary about Eric Clapton. Phew! The weekend is ahead of us!


No comments: