Saturday 27 February 2021

Tummy troubles

Day 54

We awoke to a gorgeous day - beautifully Spring-like, with blue skies and plenty of sunshine. Our morning was fairly lazy and Sophie and I enjoyed cheese on toast whilst watching Saturday Kitchen Live. Just the way a weekend should begin!

Towards lunchtime, we motivated ourselves and went over to Tesco at Kettering. Sophie wanted to make Negronis later in the day so we bought a bottle of Campari, red Vermouth, Gin, Angostura Bitters and some crisps to enjoy with a game of Scrabble later. I needed to get some things for Mum and Dad as well but shopping on a Saturday is not a pleasant experience, and I said to Sophie that this is the last time we're going to go at the weekend as it's too busy.

We dropped off the things at the care home and spoke to Mum who was having lunch. My Dad is still not right but was better than the other day so that's a relief. I just wish he was able to come out and do some physiotherapy for his legs. I can't believe it's been a year since he broke his leg... and what a year it's been.

I wasn't feeling particularly well today, either, so we headed home and relaxed for a while. When it was acceptable to do so, Sophie made us both a Negroni and it was delicious! I love Campari anyway (it reminds me of Pollensa) and it was bliss to sit and play Scrabble while sipping on our cocktails.


Unfortunately, Sophie had some very hard letters to make a word with! We had a good game but I said to Sophie I really didn't feel like cooking lasgne tonight or eating it either. I had my horrible tummy ache back, and I do suspect I have IBS as I had cramps, which made me feel yukky. Keith was quite happy to forego dinner so Sophie and I went upstairs and watched A Place in the Sun lying on the bed. She found a curry in the freezer to have for her dinner, and Keith made himself an egg sandwich. I felt so guilty but there was no way I could have faced cooking lasagne from scratch this evening!

After my poor family had eaten their meagre dinner, we watched the first Mission Impossible film. Sophie spoke to Zain who has booked for them to go away in July, so that cheered my daughter up no end! Hopefully, by then, life can resume as normal!


No comments: