Tuesday 2 February 2021

Chop, chop, chopping!

Day 29, continued...

After getting back with Keith from the vaccination centre, I busied myself with housework and doing little jobs that had irritated me!

Sophie and I went for a walk at lunchtime, up to the village, and we were delighted to see the sun come out. It's forecast to get cold again towards the end of the week and the north saw snow this morning. We're all hoping that Spring is not too far off now!

I had planned on cleaning the conservatory this afternoon, but after I'd spent over an hour preparing the ingredients for dinner, I had run out of energy! We were cooking chicken in a black bean sauce with fried rice, so I decided to prepare everything and then all we needed to do was cook the meal. I chopped up green beans, a carrot, an onion, broccoli and a red pepper to go into the rice dish, as well as baby sweetcorn, mushrooms and mange tout to go with the chicken. I cooked a pan of rice as well, so everything would be easier later on.

The meal turned out to be delicious, and the fried rice was sticky and absorbed the sauce from the chicken dish beautifully. Keith watched Newcastle play in the evening while Sophie and I went upstairs and binge-watched several episodes of A New Life in the Sun!



No comments: