Monday 1 February 2021

Musings on lockdown...

Day 28

Keith went shopping very early this morning and stocked up our fridge and cupboards until he goes again on Thursday. I made sausage sandwiches for breakfast - not my ideal choice but we had to use them by today, and I was determined not to throw them out. We are trying not to dispose of leftovers at the moment, especially when we contribute to the local food bank every two weeks!

The sausage sandwich sat heavily in my stomach and I decided that I really do prefer the veggie ones we buy instead! I felt queasy all morning and in the end, added a spoonful of ground ginger to a cup of boiling water in an effort to feel better. It worked!

I have to confess I haven't done much today, which makes me feel a bit guilty. This lockdown seems so much harder than the two previous ones, and it could be down to the weather and not being able to spend a lot of time outdoors. It seems that the less I do, the less I want to do and tomorrow I'm going to try and motivate myself to give the conservatory a good clean! All I seem to do these days is drift between the computer in the study and the dining table in the conservatory, and endlessly fill and empty the dishwasher, washing machine and tumble dryer! When I do resume work again, I feel it's going to be very difficult, especially if we're called in every day!

The news this evening was full of the South African variant that has been found in certain parts of the UK. Residents in these areas have been told they must stay at home, and also get a test, even if they have no symptoms. It raises the worrying question about whether the variant will be resistant to the vaccine?

In the evening we had leftovers from the weekend meals for dinner, so that made me feel better! Mike has been furloughed for another week, which pleased him greatly!


No comments: