Friday 19 February 2021

A disappointment in the post...

Day 46

Sophie was back at work today but was coming home early to take part in the weekly quiz that is held by her office on a Friday at 4pm. I think this is a lovely idea, and she gets to know her new colleagues this way!

The weather has been utterly miserable today, with heavy grey skies, a stiff wind and rain in the afternoon. When the postman called with our mail, my 2013 blog book had arrived from The Netherlands. I was delighted until I had a good look through the pages and noticed that several hadn't printed properly... if it had only been a couple I would have left it, but there were about 12 pages affected where the print on the top left-hand side of the page was missing. It looked like the pages had been creased. I was extremely disappointed and emailed the company to ask if they could do a re-print at no extra charge. I received an email straight back to say they would, so hopefully, I'll get another copy soon.

 Keith and I went to Smith's Farm shop this morning to buy a quiche for Sophie's picnic tomorrow and to have a mooch about. Keith wasn't that impressed with the foods on offer and thought it was an expensive place to shop, which I agreed with. The first quiche we picked out for Sophie was £4.99!

Having bought a few treats, we left to go home but took a long scenic route, passing through Chapel Brampton, Spratton and Creaton. On impulse, I turned off towards the small village of Cottesbrooke rather than go straight to Brixworth, somewhere I hadn't been for years. The last time was when I used to volunteer as a teenager for the Riding for the Disabled organisation, and I stayed in the village with some children from a special needs school for a weekend of activities. We saw a signpost for Brixworth but the route was marked as a "gated road" which alarmed Keith slightly who had visions of having to get out of the car multiple times to open gates! He needn't have worried, though, as the road, although single-track, was free of obstacles! 

Back home, while it was dry, I attempted to put some more washing out, but just before we left to get Mike it started raining again! I think I'll give up! The weekend is set to be slightly better with temperatures reaching a balmy 16c!

After getting Mike from work, I made a batch of banana flapjacks, and Sophie returned to take part in her quiz. Our film choice this evening was "Some Like It Hot" starring Marilyn Monroe, Tony Curtis and Jack Lemmon. I had seen it before but I was more than happy to enjoy it again! It was hilarious!




No comments: