Friday 26 February 2021

Just pottering...

Day 53

Keith and I had a very lazy start to the day, but towards lunchtime we motivated ourselves, and while my husband ventured out into the garden to clear up the leaves and branches from Wednesday, I cleaned the house.

It's been beautiful weather today with sunshine, blue skies and mild temperatures. We both pottered about and did some jobs that needed doing, before going to get Mike from work. He was as muddy as ever but at least it's Friday and he has the weekend off!

Sophie came home at the earlier time of 4pm to take part in her weekly quiz, and I went and had a lovely soak in the bath. I still find it strange that Keith doesn't head off to the pub on a Friday evening! Dinner tonight was minestrone soup with garlic bread, and I had prepared all the vegetables earlier in the day. It was a lovely, healthy soup and contained nine vegetables! Sophie helped me sweat all the veggies down, before we added stock and let it simmer for about forty minutes. We then relaxed with a glass of wine before heating up the soup and adding pasta.

The pasta had soaked up a lot of the liquid so it was more like a thick broth, and with the crispy garlic bread, it was delicious. That's another one added to the list!


No comments: