Wednesday 3 February 2021

A spot of gardening!

Day 30

I half-heartedly cleaned the conservatory this morning, but I was anxious not to disturb Sophie, so I didn't do as much as I could have done. I yearn for dry and sunny weather, but all we're getting is more rain. The room could do with all the windows opening and airing because the sealant that Keith applied last year has started to discolour again, much to our disappointment.

As well as cleaning the conservatory I hoovered downstairs again so that should be it for a few days! With all four of us in the house, it does get a bit dirty!

After a delicious lunch of leftover fried rice, I ventured out into the front garden. The weather today has been sunny and I felt like tidying up the verge and cutting back a geranium that was looking straggly. I swept up loads of leaves and turned over the soil that was sodden with all the rain we've had recently. I was pleased with how it looked after I'd finished, though.

The conifers we cut down in December haven't sprouted again and I pushed a pile of leaves into the corner for shelter if any little creatures want to use the heap. Our pile of logs were also rotting down nicely and I hope they're home to some bugs!

As always, it was quite social being outside, and I spoke to a few people walking past and a mum with a horde of young children on bikes. I can't imagine how it must be to be cooped up with young children at the moment!

I had become cold working outside so I had a soak in the bath and afterwards caught up with the second episode of The Drowning that's on for four days this week. I was hooked! It was so good to be able to watch the programme upstairs - this is a real bonus if Keith is watching sport downstairs!

We caught some of the Coronavirus updates this evening and the experts think we are now over the peak, which was good news. By now over 10 million people have been vaccinated, which is wonderful!



No comments: