Friday 12 February 2021

An Arctic blast!

Day 39

I woke up at almost 9am, after having some bizarre dreams involving tsunamis, and shopping for pork joints in an empty Tesco... strange!

Keith had taken Mike to work and returned, so I had a coffee (kindly made by Sophie) and eased myself into Friday. It's been another bitterly cold day, with a ferocious east wind that has made it feel like stepping out into the Arctic every time we've ventured out!

I spent the morning transferring the first few months of my 2014 blog onto a word document. Looking back we suffered some illnesses in February and March, and fingers crossed, we have been OK so far this year with no colds (or worse!). Let's pray it stays that way!

Sophie suggested a walk at lunchtime but it was so cold I begged a day off. Our driveway is always breezy, but stepping out to go to the garage in just a tee-shirt is not the best idea at the moment!

In the evening Sophie and I opened a bottle of wine and watched Houseboat on Amazon Prime. It cost £3.49 (goodness knows why when it came out in 1958) but it was well worth it. Cary Grant was as gorgeous as ever, matched by the completely alluring Sophia Loren. Dazzling!




No comments: