Thursday 18 February 2021

A hint of Spring?

Day 45

Sophie worked from home today, confusing poor Monty even more! Keith went and did the shopping straight from taking Mike to work as he is now starting at 7am again. Initially, it was to avoid the rainfall we were due to get today, but I think these are his permanent hours from now on. 

It's been another sunny and breezy day, despite the rain first thing. Is Spring on the way at last? I prepared our evening meal which today was chicken and parmesan soup with pappardelle. I poached some chicken breasts in a pan of water and chopped up carrots and celery. I also pulverised a carton of baby plum tomatoes in our mini food processor. Once all the preparations were done, Sophie and I popped to Beckworth again, in her lunch hour, so she could buy some picnic foods for Saturday when she's meeting Zain at Pitsford.

Back home I had a quick lunch and then did some more preparations for the soup. I cooked the vegetables and added garlic, tomato puree and bay leaves, and then let it all mingle together.

My new phone case arrived today and trying to get it onto my phone was no easy task! I do wish proper instructions are included in the packaging! I don't consider myself stupid, but in the end, I had to carefully look at the photos of the phone case on Amazon to work it out!

After relaxing with Sophie for a while, and watching a funny episode of The Good Life, we finished the soup and made garlic bread. I blended all the ingredients and then added the cooked chicken and a bag of pappardelle nests to the soup. It didn't take long and before long we were tucking in! The soup was delicious and I enjoyed it far more this time as I hadn't added any thyme!


No comments: