Wednesday 10 February 2021

A cold, cold day!

Day 37

Keith took Mike to work this morning and then called into Tesco to get some shopping. Just after he went it started snowing heavily! I wasn't expecting that this morning!

I spent the morning giving the upstairs of the house a good clean, including the bathroom which was in dire need of a scrub! At lunchtime, Sophie and I walked down to the bridge with our litter picker. The snow had stopped but it was still bitterly cold, and the wind was especially biting as it blew across the open fields.

After Keith and I had collected Mike from work, I had a soak in the bath. This cold weather is set to end on Sunday which is a relief as Sophie is planning to go back to work two days a week, on a Tuesday and a Thursday. I'm so glad she didn't have to drive in the icy cold temperatures and snow we've had lately!

Dinner this evening was a hearty beef stew with dumplings and after we'd eaten, Keith and I settled down to watch the film Under Suspicion starring Gene Hackman and Morgan Freeman. I fell asleep halfway through but woke up at the end and felt very confused!

No comments: