Thursday 11 February 2021

Iced up!

Day 38

Mike is now starting at 8.30am in the morning, so Keith went to do the shopping at his usual time, and I took Mike to work. I used Sophie's car which had been sat on the driveway for a good two weeks, and although not frozen on the outside, the freezing cold temperatures had definitely affected the windscreen washer reservoir on the inside!

Stupidly, I didn't give it a chance to warm up a bit and just jumped in to drive to Kettering. This meant that the windscreen was covered in a thin layer of salt that I just couldn't shift... As the sun was shining, at times I couldn't see! Slapped wrists for me!

It was hovering between -3 and -4 on the way in, so colder than we had really seen before this winter. At the golf club, Mike sloshed some warm water over the windscreen which cleared the smears of salt!

Back home I awaited Keith's return from shopping and helped put it all away. This morning I resumed my cleaning and tackled the downstairs of the house, but having the heating on at the same time made me sweat a bit! 

The rest of the day has been spent mooching about and I am getting a little concerned that I am going to find it very hard to go back to work when the time comes. During the first lockdown, I couldn't wait to get back to work, but I feel differently now, for some reason. Maybe because it now feels like the norm? I am in regular contact with my work colleagues through WhatsApp, and we receive emails from our new head honcho letting us know what's happening, but it feels very unreal at the moment! I am not bored at all, and I'm enjoying transferring my blog onto a word document so I can make them into a family book.

Our evening's viewing was a programme on the world's most amazing hotels, this time The Jade Mountain hotel in St Lucia. It was pure escapism to see the stunning scenery and marvel at how luxurious the hotel was. How wonderful to be there at the moment, without a care in the world!

No comments: