Friday 5 February 2021

Cabin fever sets in...

Days 31 & 32

Most of us haven't moved out of the house over Thursday and Friday, so we're all starting to get a bit of cabin fever!

Keith did go shopping as usual on Thursday so at least he ventured out! On Friday, I finished transferring my 2013 blog to a word document, and I've uploaded it to the book publishing company I used before. This time I included a lot more photos, as it was the year we went to Florida and Berlin. Hopefully, it won't be long before it's delivered!

In the afternoon, I prepared a tomato and pasta soup, that included chopping three onions and cooking them slowly until they turned golden brown. I then set aside two-thirds of them to cool with some olive oil and added cherry tomatoes and a chopped up red pepper to the remaining onions in the pan. Along with garlic, tomato puree, basil and chilli flakes, the concoction simmered away before I added some vegetable stock. The smells were delicious and I particularly love basil - it reminds me of pizza restaurants!

While the soup cooled I had a soak in the bath, and when Sophie finished work we cracked open a bottle of our favourite New Zealand Pinot Gris and watched A New Life in the Sun. Just watching the Brits try and run businesses makes me feel exhausted, especially those running B&Bs! It brings back memories of when we ran our own business, and the demands made by customers!

The rest of the dinner preparations was easy. I blitzed the soup until it was smooth with my blender, Sophie prepared garlic bread, and we cooked a saucepan of pasta to add to the soup. We also pan-fried the onions until they were crispy and these went on top of the soup when it was served. With a trickle of cream, I have to say it was truly delicious, very warming and perfect for a cold February night!


No comments: