Sunday 7 February 2021

A lazy day...

Day 34

It's been another day of staying in, keeping warm, and relaxing! I made a special porridge for breakfast - a Gordon Ramsay recipe which included hazelnuts, almonds, sultanas, a pear and cream. It was delicious and very easy to make. 

It has been bitterly cold today, with a biting north-easterly wind that made it feel about -6. It was lovely to stay indoors in the warm, and Sophie and I had our weekly face-mask (honey today) and watched A Place in the Sun.

In the afternoon she had an online chat with her friends, and they discussed their upcoming holiday to Italy in May. Sophie wants to cancel as she is wary about what will be happening then and very worried that they may have to quarantine on the way home for two weeks. I said that it would be best to cancel altogether and re-book next year when things have settled down. I still don't think anyone will be able to travel this year if Europe hasn't had as many people vaccinated as us Brits.

I had a nap in the evening and slept for far longer than I wanted to! It was about 6.45pm when I woke up! Keith cooked a lovely roast beef for dinner and it was great to have a break from cooking. Mike is definitely back at work tomorrow, but they have forecast more snow for tomorrow and freezing temperatures. Good luck!
 

No comments: