Tuesday 23 February 2021

Mud, mud, glorious mud!

Day 50

It's been a very quiet and uneventful day today with not much to report at all! Keith and I both pottered about the house first thing and then, as it was such a lovely day, I went out and cleaned the inside of my car. 

The back footwell and seat, where Mike normally sits on the way home from work, were like a muddy field, so I spent a fair amount of time hoovering the carpets and shampooing the seats. There was a lovely breeze blowing, and it was very enjoyable to be outside in the mild air. Keith came out and helped - I don't think he could believe how dirty the back of the car was!

The time was getting on, so I left the mats to be hoovered later, and we went to get Mike from work. I took my Dad's car as the back seats were still damp from the cleaning and I don't think Mike would have appreciated getting a wet bottom! When he emerged from work, his trousers and boots were caked in mud again!

On my return, I finished everything and the inside of the car smelt lovely and clean. It won't last long but at least I tackled it!

Sophie came home a bit early today so that was a bonus! She went and did a workout in her bedroom, and then we caught up with the events of the day before she very kindly made dinner for us. Keith and I had prepared the chicken and the vegetables for our curry earlier in the day so she did the final cooking. The meal was delicious!


No comments: