Wednesday 20 January 2021

Storm Christoph

Day 16 

Today has been a much quieter day, but the weather has been rainy and windy. Not as bad as we had been led to expect, but certainly not pleasant!

Keith and I took my car over to Kettering at 8.30am, and I was very pleased I remembered the way to the garage in the maze of back streets. We dropped the car off and luckily Rob said it would only take the day to do it. Another bill!

The morning was spent mooching about, sitting with Sophie in the conservatory and keeping warm. It was too wet and windy for a walk, and at 2pm I logged onto the computer to watch my Aunt Pat's funeral taking place in Norfolk.

It was desperately sad as only my two cousins and their partners were there, so just four people. I felt very emotional watching it and felt that she deserved better than that. This awful pandemic is affecting so many lives and, although Kim mentioned in his eulogy a get-together in the future to remember her life, I'm sure it's not the send-off her family would have wanted. It was good to be able to watch it live, though, and I will send the link to the care home so my parents can also see it. At the moment they are confined to their rooms because of a number of staff and residents have tested positive.

At 4pm Keith and I went and picked up my car. The bill was about £160 so it could have been worse! I gave my car a stern talking to and said that was enough now!

Sophie made a delicious sausage pasta dish for dinner, and outside the weather became worse, with torrential rain and strong winds. I think we were feeling the full force of Christoph's wrath now!


No comments: