Tuesday 19 January 2021

Money matters!

 Day 15

I woke very early this morning, and eventually decided to get up for an hour. Outside it was calmer than I had expected despite weather warnings out for Storm Christoph.

I did go back to bed for an hour, and didn't surface until 8.30am! After showering and dressing, Keith wanted to take Sophie's car and my Dad's car out for a drive as they had both been standing for about three weeks. We collected the newspaper from a neighbour (how lovely to have it delivered to the estate now!) and decided to go and get some petrol for Sophie's car as it was low on fuel.

The morning was then taken up with money matters and as I still hadn't had any luck with receiving a debit card from NatWest for my parents' account, we drove over to the Weston Favell Centre to go into the branch. Luckily, the shopping mall was quiet and there was no queue for the bank, which was a huge bonus! I saw one of the bank tellers that we used to deal with when we had the business, and she was able to change the address on the account and order me a  new card. Success!

On the drive back home I realised that there was something wrong with my car. It was making a grinding noise and there was a horrible smell. As soon as we were home Keith called Rob Price and we've booked it in for tomorrow. He suspects that one of the brakes has seized up.

Sophie and I went for a walk around the estate and then it was lunchtime. I was more than ready for something to eat after the busy morning we'd had!

In the afternoon We popped over to the Co-op at Brixworth and I paid the £50 that Keith had given me for Christmas 2019 into my bank account. I was saving it for a beauty treatment but that looks very unlikely in the near future!

We also sorted Keith out with a debit card for one of his bank accounts, so today has been taken up with financial problems, that have all been solved. Hooray!




No comments: