Wednesday 27 January 2021

An early awakening!

Day 23

For some reason, I was wide awake at 3am this morning so I decided to get up and watch Ben Fogle's New Lives in the Wild. The cat was very bemused as to why I was up, and even more bemused when I refused to give him his breakfast! It was way too early! He went outside in a huff!

By 4am I was flagging so I called the cat back in, put him on his bed in the kitchen, and went back to my own bed until 9am which was shocking! Of course, I then felt like I'd wasted a good part of the day!

I had to go over to the bank in the Weston Favell centre today to try and sort out some money matters for my parents. There was a queue (as usual) and when I spoke to one of the staff, she was very helpful, but it was really a wasted journey. Keith and I returned home and pootled about until lunchtime. Sophie and I managed a good walk into the village before having leftovers from our Indian last night. The previously grey day had turned sunny, and it was lovely to see the sun for a while. 

The rest of today has been uneventful. Boris gave a press conference at 5pm and said that it was unlikely that restrictions would be lifted until early March. I feel sorry for parents at the moment trying to home-school their children, hold down their own jobs, and cope with family life. I am so glad mine are adults and working!


No comments: