Friday 8 January 2021

Lockdown chores!

Day 4

The weather today has been grey and frosty, and still very cold. I helped Keith with replacing the sealant in our shower cubicle this morning - such fun we are having at the moment! It's a horrible job to do, and I helped him remove some of the old sealant before hoovering it all up. When he'd finished it did look a lot better, though!

We only ventured out once today - to take Mike's SSP form to the golf club. It was strange seeing the car park empty again, and I'm sure Mike hasn't missed much this week with the weather being so cold and frosty. We have had snow forecast for today but we haven't seen any, as I predicted. Oh well!

After returning home Keith and I watched the second episode of Cheetah Family and Me, and I really struggled to stay awake! I have been awake very early in the mornings and I think it's catching up with me!

After a lovely soak in the bath again, Sophie and I settled down with a Vodka Martini (our first alcoholic drink since Monday) and watched Grand Designs, which was brilliant. I knew when the build started in 2016 that it was going to be a long process, and I was right. It featured a man converting an old lodge in a cemetery into a fabulous home, and it looked gorgeous when he finished! The last filming took place in November 2020, probably just before we went into lockdown again!


No comments: