Sunday 3 January 2021

Searching for turkey

Well, despite the warnings out for snow, we didn't get any at all. What a disappointment! Although, sometimes I do feel the anticipation of a snowfall is better than the real thing!

Mike went to Abbie's house today, and after dropping him off, Keith and I went to Beckworth in search of a turkey as I had fancied one for dinner this evening! If we thought that we would get another the same as we enjoyed at Christmas, we were much mistaken! They only had a large frozen one in the freezer so we settled for a chicken instead!

We headed home and had a late breakfast with a lovely loaf of bread we'd bought at Beckworth. The rest of the morning was spent mooching about, but just before 2pm Sophie and I headed to the care home to see Mum and Dad.

I could tell my Mum was a bit sad today - she is very concerned about my Dad who is getting worse. I think she's finding it very hard to accept he will never be the man he used to be, and also the fact that they both need to be in a care home and looked after properly. Sophie and I did manage to cheer them up a bit, though, and we're all hoping that the vaccine will be given to them soon so they can start to go out again.

The weather today has been worse than yesterday, and plans to go out for an afternoon walk were put on hold. It was raining and very cold - not pleasant at all!

Back home we indulged in a Martini and Sophie and I played Scrabble. We're getting better but it's a laugh at times when we come up with funny words! Keith cooked a delicious roast and tried his best to re-create a Christmas meal - he even cooked Brussels sprouts with bacon! While he was cooking I watched Countryfile to get the weather for the week ahead. Although it will stay cold, we're in for some sunny spells and showers, but snow was only hinted at!




No comments: