Thursday 14 January 2021

A bit of excitement!

Day 10

Keith and I got up early again and left to go to Aldi and Tesco. It made me think how bizarre this situation is when we're worried about something as normal as grocery shopping! And when you think of everything else going on, the police questioning where people are going, not being able to visit the next county, let along travel further afield, being confined to our homes and not able to see friends and family, it's genuinely nightmarish.

We didn't do so well with the shopping today. I split up from Keith in Tesco as I needed to get some things for my Mum, and we forgot to buy dinner for my birthday tomorrow! Never mind, we'll probably order a takeaway instead to celebrate!

The weather today has been absolutely awful. It's been foggy, grey and rainy, and the roads have started to flood again, where they were bad last month. There hasn't even been a glimpse of sun or blue sky today, so very miserable indeed.

When we returned home I used up some eggs, bacon and mushrooms and cooked breakfast. After we'd eaten we sloshed our way over to the care home and delivered Mum's shopping. I stopped outside their window and called her so at least we had a chat and she could see us, albeit very briefly! I didn't get out of the car today, it was so horrible!

Back home I mooched about and felt a bit bored and miserable, but really I shouldn't complain. I have a lot to be thankful for. However, things did liven up in the afternoon when we had three police cars drive around the estate! They then drove over the fields at the back of the estate and we think it was a police chase going on, which is so rare for us to see out here in the sticks! There was a buzz of excitement on our residents' Facebook page, and people who could see over the fields were posting photos!

It then became even more exciting as it started to snow! Sadly, it didn't last very long but it was lovely to see while it lasted! This evening, as it was my Birthday Eve, Sophie and I had a proper drink and watched Grand Designs while Keith cooked dinner. Perfect!


No comments: