Wednesday 6 January 2021

Shocking figures...

Day 2

Even though we're at home, the time is speeding by very quickly! Keith reminded me this morning that we needed to do the list for shopping - it seems to come around rather too rapidly for my liking!

We made a start on the list, decided on the meals, and then Keith and I spent a good hour cleaning out the fridge, throwing away jars that were well past their best, and also sorting out the cupboards, so we knew exactly what to buy tomorrow.

Sophie and I went for a walk at lunchtime as usual. We only go for half an hour, but we both need to get out for some fresh air, and a slight change of scene! I had ordered a litter picker from Amazon as I figured we may as well make use of the walk and pick up rubbish at the same time! I was quite pleased that we didn't find that much, just half a shopping bag's worth!

On the way home, we chatted to our neighbours who were also out for a walk - apart from essential shopping or getting medication, it's really the only thing we can do at the moment!

Today has been a little cloudier of late, and the threat of snow hasn't gone away, although we may get some at the end of the week. I jumped into the bath in the early evening and afterwards, I watched the news. I wish I hadn't, because the figures for deaths yesterday were just shy of the April peak with 1041 people losing their lives. I'm still not sure if the figures are exactly Covid deaths, as they occurred within 28 days of a positive test, but it was alarming, nonetheless.

We all suspected the second wave would be worse than the first, and that's being proved correct. I tried fruitlessly to get an online slot for a Tesco delivery, and the next available was the 17th of January. I couldn't even get a click and collect slot this week or early next week. I am extremely reluctant to go anywhere at the moment, but Keith and I decided to go to Aldi and Tesco very early tomorrow when hopefully it will be quiet.

I escaped from the harsh reality of life at the moment by watching Winter Walks again. This time the walk was a coastal one towards Robin Hood's Bay in North Yorkshire, and the man on the walk called into a lovely pub at the end and enjoyed a pint. How I would love to go to the pub at the moment, have a drink and be normal!

No comments: