Friday 15 January 2021

A lockdown birthday!

Day 11

I never for one moment thought that I would be joining the Lockdown Birthday Club, but here I am! I have a strong feeling that Mike will join me as well!

I received beautiful cards, and lots of messages on Facebook to wish me a Happy Birthday, so that was lovely. Sophie had made me up a little bag of treats containing new gloves, a foot moisture mask, lavender oil to aid sleeping, and a scented candle. Keith had bought me a bottle of Blood Orange Gin and Champagne, and I received a gorgeous bouquet of flowers, some chocolates and Prosecco from my parents, so I did extremely well!

 I spent the morning doing very little, and at lunchtime, Sophie and I went for a half hour's walk in the winter sunshine. On the way back we decided to do a loop of the estate and met Ruth, who is a fellow member of our recycling group. She was a bit saddened that somebody had put a bag of dog poo in one of the recycling bins... there is a notice on the lid clearly stating that it's for recycling only, so it looks like we have a bit of a problem around here with people being incredibly thoughtless. We have any number of people wandering around our estate, sometimes with dogs, and we are having a bit of a "Poogate" at the moment!

So, today has been lovely, but I did miss not being able to go out for the day, as in previous years. At 6pm Sophie and I cracked open the bottle of Champagne and ordered a takeaway Indian from Mawsley. Last time we had a bad experience with them. but this evening the food had arrived by 7pm, so that was a bonus. Last time we had to wait for ages!


No comments: