Monday 18 January 2021

Mrs Grumpy!

Day 14

Keith and I were awake early this morning to go shopping, but we are getting a bit later at going. Aldi won't let you put anything through the checkout until 8am, and we had to go in there to get cat food - Vitacat is the only brand Monty will eat!

Keith went in on his own (the rule of one person only has been re-introduced) while I waited in the car. He was in there far longer than I had anticipated, so it was nearly 8.30am by the time I ventured into Tesco by myself.

I will readily admit to hating shopping by myself. For some reason, I get very confused, can't find anything, and constantly backtrack, thereby getting in people's way who are following the normal route in the supermarket! Twice I nearly barged into two elderly gentlemen who looked at me as if I'd just dropped out of a dog's bottom...

Luckily, my friend Sue was working in Tesco so she directed me to the suet which we needed for dumplings! I must have walked straight past it! Therefore, after deciding to use the self-service checkouts, and constantly being told off by the automated voice, I was in a foul mood when I emerged from the store. It was then that I realised I had forgotten the sausages...

I took out my annoyance on poor Keith, and he drove us to the nearby Co-op where I bought two packs of sausages. Oh well! My bad mood was probably caused by missing my normal early morning coffee, so as soon as we were home and everything had been unpacked and put away, I settled down with my mug and read the newspaper in the conservatory with Sophie.

Sophie and I went for a walk at lunchtime, into the village, and up to the "triangle". After a delicious lunch of oxtail soup and crusty bread, I put the hoover around and re-potted our little family of cacti, as they were looking a bit thin. It's amazing how they bulk up when I water them! I made a complete mess in the kitchen, but I was pleased I'd re-potted them as the roots were poking through the bottom of the plant pot. Laura bought the cacti as a present for Sophie about eight years ago, and I'm glad we've kept them going!

Dinner tonight was a simple quiche, new potatoes and salad, and then it was time to settle down and watch University Challenge! Now I know it's Monday!



No comments: