Friday 29 January 2021

A quiet end to the week!

Day 25

I woke up very late this morning - 9am! I must have needed the sleep!

Keith and I went to get the newspaper first thing and it was a beautiful morning - sunny, dry and mild. When we returned home the postman called, and Keith had a letter from the NHS to say he could book his vaccination, which was brilliant news! We managed to book a slot on Tuesday and then another 12 weeks later, so we were all very pleased!

Our walk to get the newspaper was our only outing of the day; we have stayed in the house and pottered about, so again, very little to report! 

The weather stayed sunny and dry until the afternoon when it clouded over. To be honest, it was lovely to potter about, and I caught up with my work colleagues on WhatsApp, so that was good. Some of our leisure centres are going to be used as Covid testing sites and there was talk of the staff being on hand to help, so we'll see. I think we are all fully resigned to being off work for the whole of February and maybe into March. I still find it hard to believe...

As 6pm approached, Sophie and I cracked open a beautiful bottle of Australian red wine that Mike had bought me for my birthday. We watched a couple of episodes of A New Life in the Sun and sympathised with the Brits who had started new businesses at the beginning of the pandemic.

Dinner tonight was a delicious savoury beef crumble. It made a change from cottage pie, and went down very well with the wine!






No comments: